05 Sep Technology Update
Your TTSD Technology department looks forward to serving you and helping to make your 2021-2022 school year successful and connected!
As you prepare your classrooms for the upcoming year, please keep in mind the following:
If you haven’t already, you will need to install the Lightspeed filter onto your district device(s)
This filter will give you internet access as s staff member on your device(s).
- Open the Self Service app
- Find the Lightspeed Relay macOS Agent under the Common Applications category
- Click Install
NOTE: This will restart your computer. Please save all your works before proceeding.
- Please go to this website to find your IP address
- Put in a help ticket with the IP address and we can install the program remotely for you
Coming Soon…2-Step Verification for Google Suite. Required by November 1st 2021.
- With all the cyber crime, ransomware attacks and phishing attempts directed to K-12 institutions, we need to step up our security to protect our data and our students’ data!
- You may set this up now or WAIT until after school begins and set up 2-Step verification in October. But Beginning November 1, 2021, it will be required for all TTSD staff Google accounts.
- We are indeed enforcing 2-factor for the Google suite on November 1st – This means all staff will need to set it up within the next two months in order to access email and drive, etc. (all google things). This will also effect any 3rd party app that uses google to authenticate (Slack, Trello, Freshservice, etc).
- The primary method we are suggesting is for people to use their cell phone to receive a text or phone call. If you do not want to use a personal device they can use their desk phone or Jabber to receive a phone call, or if you are comfortable you can use any other device to receive other google methods of 2nd factor authentication (google prompt, google authenticator, etc.)
- Action Item: Detailed instructions for setting up the service can be found at TTSD Google Workspace – Two Factor Authentication (2FA). It only takes a few minutes – just do it now and get it over with!